Terms and Services
The Vendor represents and warrants that:
- They are responsible for the content they provide.
- They have the authority to permit BeingTheParent to use the content submitted.
- They will abide by all intellectual property laws.
- The class conductor/s in the video shall be qualified to teach the specified classes. The classes will be made available only after the verification of professional qualifications of the class conductor/s.
- The quality of the video should follow BeingTheParent’s Video guidelines.
The Vendor warrants that they WILL NOT:
- Post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory, or libelous content or information.
- Conduct marketing of other products inside the video.
- Use the service for any purpose other than teaching.
- Provide video content that requires BeingTheParent to obtain licenses or pay royalties to third parties.
- Frame or embed the Services or otherwise circumvent the Services.
- Impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account.
- Interfere with or prevent other instructors from providing their services or content.
- Abuse BeingTheParent’s resources, including support services.
- Make the classes and videos available for free on any other platforms.
License to BeingTheParent
- BeingTheParent may record and use all or any part of the Vendor’s Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services.
- The Vendor grants BeingTheParent permission to use their name, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, the Vendor’s Submitted Content, or BeingTheParent’s content. The Vendor waives any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- BeingTheParent has the right to sublicense the content to third parties to provide, offer, and modify the content for promotional purposes.
- Content may be removed if there is any breach of this MoU without prior notice.
- The Vendor cannot remove the content without prior notice of 30 days.
Trust & Safety
Trust & Safety Policies:
- BeingTheParent has the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban experts for any reason at any time without prior notice, including cases where:
- An expert instructor or content does not comply with policies or legal terms.
- Content falls below quality standards or has a negative impact on the user experience.
iii. An expert instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on BeingTheParent or bring BeingTheParent into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule.
- An expert instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates BeingTheParent’s policies.
- An expert instructor uses the Services in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promoting their off-site business in a way that violates BeingTheParent’s policies.
- As determined by BeingTheParent in its sole discretion.
- BeingTheParent is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between the Vendor and Co-experts. The professional qualifications of Co-experts will be verified before making the classes online.
- To protect against piracy, the Vendor appoints BeingTheParent vendors as agents to enforce copyrights for each content, through notice and takedown processes and other efforts to enforce those rights.
- The base price can be fixed by the Expert.
- The rights to fix the displayed price before the discount are vested with BeingTheParent.
- The pricing should be in INR.
- If a user purchases a product or service in a country that requires BeingTheParent to remit transaction taxes, BeingTheParent will collect and remit those taxes to the competent tax authorities.
- BeingTheParent may increase the sale price when applicable taxes are due.
- Applicable transaction taxes collected through mobile applications are handled by the respective mobile platform (e.g., Apple’s App Store or Google Play).
Revenue Share Structure (India):
- The payable amount to the Experts will be from the net amount received from the user.
- There will be two categories of revenue-sharing structure:
- User through BeingTheParent App: 70% of the net amount paid will be given to the expert.
iii. User through B2B Partnership: Revenue share will be calculated after deducting discounts from the net amount.
For purchases made until the 31st of the month, the payment will be made by the 25th of the next month.
Revenue Share Structure (Outside India):
The revenue share model for experts outside India will be the same, with the requirement of having an active PayPal account. The service charges for PayPal payments will be borne by the experts.
Expert Coupons and Class Referral Links:
The BeingTheParent platform allows the Vendor to generate coupon codes and referral links to offer discounts or free items of the Submitted Content. These codes and links are subject to limits and should not be sold on third-party websites or offered in exchange for compensation.
The Vendor may use BeingTheParent’s trademarks under the following conditions:
- Only use the authorized images of the trademarks provided by BeingTheParent.
- Use the trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of the Vendor’s Submitted Content or their participation on BeingTheParent.
- Discontinue use if requested by BeingTheParent.
- Use the trademarks accurately and avoid misleading or disparaging usage.
- Comply with applicable laws and refrain from using the trademarks in connection with obscene, indecent, or unlawful topics or material.
Deleting Your Account
BeingTheParent will make commercially reasonable efforts to settle any remaining scheduled payments owed to the Vendor before deleting their account. The Vendor acknowledges that enrolled users may continue to access their name and Submitted Content even after the account deletion. A 30-day prior notice should be given before deleting the account or class.
Relationship Between Us
The Vendor and BeingTheParent agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between them.
This MoU represents the entire understanding between the Vendor and BeingTheParent regarding the subject matter herein and supersedes all prior discussions, agreements, or understandings, whether written or oral. This MoU may only be modified or amended in writing and signed by both Parties.
The Parties hereby acknowledge that they have read and understood the terms and conditions of this MoU and agree to be bound by them.